When Christian women retreat for a weekend of renewal, Christian Retreat Tennessee they hope to come back refreshed and rejuvenated. Unfortunately, many problems can arise before and during the retreat, which can negatively affect the impact of the retreat. However, many of these problems can be avoided and prevented. With a little forethought, the Christian women retreat can be a very positive experience. The following are 5 preparation tips to ensure a very rewarding Christian women retreat.
1. If you have small children, arrange for childcare well in advance. Sometimes a household budget does not take into account a large sum for an extended babysitter fee. If this is the case, consider bartering with another mother. You can swap childcare for a service such as housecleaning. Or, perhaps you can swap a few homemade casseroles in exchange for babysitting.
2. Prepare some meals that your family can reheat for themselves while you are at your Christian women retreat. A few great suggestions are meatloaf, mashed potatoes, spaghetti, tuna noodle casserole, a large tossed salad, and of course, cookies in the cookie jar. Be sure to also stock the refrigerator with some fresh fruit. Prepackaged snacks are a favorite for the little ones. Be sure to take a few of those snacks and some fruit, and pack them into your own suitcase, too.
3. When packing, bring along a small amount of various over-the-counter medicines. Essential medicines include pain reliever, cough medicine, cough drops, allergy medicine, antacids, and anti-diarrhea medicine. Also bring a few band aids and tissues, and don’t forget the earplugs to insure your comfort.
4. Check the weather forecast for the area in which you will be staying at your particular Christian women retreat. You will want to be sure to include a jacket, a warm hat, a scarf and a pair of gloves. Sunglasses and sunscreen should also go into your bags.
5. Leave emergency phone numbers at home for your family’s use. While you are at your Christian women retreat, you will want to feel at rest that preparations are in place for minor incidences that occur at home. You may want to bring a cell phone, but turn it off for portions of your weekend, checking- in only now and then.